UPDATE 6/23/11: Dillons has released an updated coupon policy, the only major change being that Dillons will no longer accept expired coupons, see details: HERE
UPDATE 4/1/11: Stacking of eCoupons & manufacturer’s coupons together is now being phased out completely, see my post HERE.
I have been communicating with with Dillons Corporate today, and it turns out there was a miscommunication when the “new” coupon policy was issued for Dillons stores a couple of days ago. Apparently, this coupon policy was never meant for the Dillons chain of stores and was sent out to all the stores in error. This error has now been fixed! So, what that means basically, is whatever your store’s coupon policy was in the past remains the same. Sheila, the Communications Coordinator for Dillons Stores, provided me with the below Coupon Guidelines for Missouri & Kansas Dillons Stores. Keep in mind, these are guidelines, and as the last statement in these guidelines state: “The store manager has the right to accept, decline, or limit the use of ANY coupon(s).” She also thanked all of us for shedding light on the problem of the erroneous coupon policy to begin with. Seriously, it was great how we all worked together to find a solution to the problem, a big THANKS for everyone’s comments and efforts reaching Dillons Corporate to resolve this snafu. She also asked if I heard of any bad experiences using coupons in any specific store in the future to let her know. So, if any of you have any problems, let me know and I will pass along the information to her.
(Includes all Dillons and Gerbes locations)
Coupons Guidelines-Please see below for general coupon guidelines, valid at Dillons and Gerbes locations across Kansas and Missouri.
Doubling Manufacturer’s Coupons
With the use of the customer’s Dillons shoppers card: Manufacturer coupons will double up to and including $0.50 to $1.00 (i.e.: $0.25 coupon will double up to $0.50. A $0.50 coupon will double to $1.00.) Manufacturer coupons with a face value of $0.51 through $0.99 will receive an additional discount to make the total coupon (with discount) equal $1.00 (i.e.: $0.60 coupon will receive a $0.40 coupon discount to $1.00) Doubling does not apply to free, store, digital coupons, or items prohibited by law.
- As a practice, we do discourage the use of expired coupons. However, we will accept expired coupons up to two weeks following the coupon’s expiration date.
Tax with Coupons
- Customers are responsible for taxes any item redeemed with a free coupon.
Store Coupons (from Dillons or Kroger)
- All store coupons (issued from Dillons or Kroger) are good for one use only. Store coupons cannot be doubled, are nontransferable, and duplication of these coupons is prohibited.
Digital Coupons from www.dillons.com or www.gerbes.com
- Customers will have the opportunity to load manufacturer and store coupons directly to their Dillons shopper’s card at www.dillons.com or www.gerbes.com.
- Customers may create an account using their Dillons shopper’s card for coupon offer. They can easily “clip” coupon offers from the site and load them directly to their shopper’s card for instant savings at the register.
- Digital coupons are available approximately one hour after loading.
- Digital coupons are limited to a one-time use. A limit of 150 coupons can be added per shopper’s card. All digital coupon values reflect exact discounts at the register – digital coupons will not double.
- SEE UPDATE AT TOP OF PAGE (no longer allowed): Digital coupons will stack with manufacturer, store, and internet print-at-home coupons.
- Digital coupon offers will be updated each month. See site for expiration dates.
Internet Coupons / Print at Home (PAH) Coupons
- We do accept print-at-home (PAH) Internet coupons in our stores. Additional print-at-home coupons are also available at www.dillons.com or www.gerbes.com.
- “Buy one get one free” Internet coupons will be accepted, if the coupon requirements are met.
- Black and white copies of Internet coupons featuring barcodes will be accepted.
- There are no limits on the number of Internet print-at-home coupons that can be redeemed in the transaction; however Internet print-at-home coupons do not stack (i.e. one coupon per item, if the coupon requirements are met).
- Management does reserve the right to reject any Internet coupon, which appears to have been altered or fails to scan properly.
- We do accept competitor Pharmacy coupons, up to the face value, if all requirements are met. The competitor Pharmacy coupons must be handled in the Pharmacy only. We do not accept any other competitor coupons.
- The store manager has the right to accept, decline, or limit the use of ANY coupon(s).
Thanks Sheila, for all your help!