CVS Coupon Policy and Store Guide
If you are new to shopping at CVS stores, then here is an overview of their coupon policy along with a quick-reference store guide. First off, be sure and sign up for their ExtraCare Card to take advantage of their offers. You can either pick up a card in-store immediately by filling out their membership form or you can get one in the mail here. Just keep in mind that if you get your card online, it could take up to two weeks to receive in the mail.
↓↓↓ (Click on “Read more…” below to view the rest of this post) ↓↓↓
Once you get your card, when you checkout, always scan your card first in order to receive ExtraBucks offers. ExtraBucks (EB) are earned by purchasing specific products during a set promotion period. ExtraBucks are printed at the end of your receipt when you checkout and can be used on a future shopping trip (similar to Walgreens Register Rewards). CVS accepts manufacturer’s coupons and store coupons. CVS issues store coupons via email, on store receipts and through their Coupon Center in-store.
You can also sign up for the CVS Beauty Club to receive extra offers on beauty products.
CVS Coupon Policy
You can view and print the entire CVS Coupon Policy here.
- CVS does not accept expired coupons.
- CVS only accepts ExtraBucks Rewards applicable to the ExtraCare card offered at time of purchase.
- The total value of the coupons may not exceed the value of the transaction. Sales tax must be paid, if required by state law.
Language at the bottom of CVS/pharmacy coupons provides specific coupon acceptance rules.
- Any coupon offer not covered in these guidelines may be accepted at the discretion of CVS management.
- CVS accepts one manufacturer coupon and applicable CVS coupon(s) per item, unless prohibited by either coupon
- There is no limit to the number of ExtraBucks Rewards that may be used in a transaction as long as it does not exceed the transaction total.
- The number of manufacturer coupons used in a transaction may not exceed the number of items in the transaction.
- The coupon amount will be reduced if it exceeds the value of the item after other discounts or coupons are applied. (For example, a $5.00
coupon for a $4.99 item will result in a $4.99 coupon value).
- CVS accepts multiple identical coupons for multiple qualifying items as long as there is sufficient stock to satisfy other customers, unless a limit is specified. Management reserves the right to limit the quantity of items purchased.
- CVS reserves the right to process coupons in any order.
- CVS accepts multiple Dollar off Transaction coupons (e.g. $3 off $15) in one transaction if they apply (i.e. you can use two 3 off $15 coupons if they are purchasing over $30.00)
On Sale items:
- CVS will accept manufacturer coupons for an item that is on sale.
- CVS will not accept percent off coupons for an item that is on sale.
- In the event that any item’s price is less than the value of the coupon, CVS will only accept the coupon only to the price of the
item. CVS does not provide cash back in exchange for any coupons.
- CVS accepts internet printed coupons that include a barcode.
On B1G1 FREE items:
- Two coupons may be used on a Buy One, Get One Free promotion as long as it does not exceed the item total (i.e. Suave Shampoo is on sale for $2.00 Buy One, Get One Free and the customer is purchasing two shampoos; customer may use two coupons for $1.00 each).
- Buy One, Get One Free promotions may be combined with Buy One, Get One Free Coupons. (i.e.. Suave Shampoo is on sale for $2.00 BOGO and customer has a MFG coupon for Suave BOGO. Customer will receive both items for free + pay any applicable sales tax).
Handy CVS Links:
Printable CVS Coupon Policy
CVS Beauty Club Signup
CVS ExtraCare Program Details
CVS Customer Service email or call 1-800-SHOP-CVS (1-800-746-7287) Monday – Friday 8:30 AM – 7:00 PM ET. Closed major holidays.