So, I would have to say that my Walgreens shopping trip today was a bit of a mess but it eventually, with persistence, worked out. I headed out bright & early this morning to shop at a few places including Walgreens. The first Walgreens I stopped in was already completely wiped out of Kraft products, so I had to settle for one purchase there. I was a bit disappointed that they were already out of stock of several items since I showed up about 10 minutes after they opened their doors, but, hey, that’s Walgreens for ya. 😉 After that, I headed to Dollar Tree to check out what products they had. I’ll be sharing my shopping trip from there in a bit. And I took a BUNCH of pictures of what they carry, so I’ll be sharing that tonight or tomorrow too. 🙂
Anyway, after Dollar Tree and a couple other stops, I stopped in at another Walgreens. I found everything I was looking for in stock and I soon found out why. I had planned on doing 2 transactions. I did the first one without any issues and then I hit a snag. The Kraft Dressing was ringing up at $3.99, not 2/$4.00 like advertised online. I talked to the manager and he checked online, but said he didn’t see it and left it at that and pretty much walked away from the conversation with no resolution. Then I started second guessing myself wondering if I was correct and I let it go and left without making the rest of my purchase. The more I thought about it on my way home, the more sure I was that I was correct, so as soon as I hit the door, I checked the Walgreens ad online and sure enough, it was there. I called the manager told him where the correct pricing was online, he confirmed it and, so long story short, I dashed back to the store and made my purchase. Normally I wouldn’t have messed with going back, but at that point, it felt like a well-deserved victory to come home with the items I wanted in hand. LOL Anyway, my advice to you is if you run across this problem, direct them to the ad online (while you’re still in the store unlike what I did) so the store can then manually key in the correct price. Whew! I hope you have better luck that I did and I also hope I have a more successful adventure when I go back on Wednesday to take advantage of a few more Walgreens Deals along with the Friends & Family 15-20% Off coupon. So, here’s my transactions from today:
- ZenTrip Motion Sickness Prevention Thinstrips (8 pk.) – $3.00, got back $3.00 RR
- Used $3.00 RR from previous trip
- Final Cost FREE
Store #2, Transaction #1:
- Crest Pro-Health Toothpaste – $3.50, Used $0.75/1 7/29 P&G insert, got back $2.50 RR
- Spiderman Cup on Clearance – $0.44
- Used $3.00 RR from previous trip
- Final Cost $0.19
After discusssion, turned around came back and did Transaction #2:
- Bought 2 Velveeta Shells & Cheese Dinners – $2.00 ea.
- & 2 Kraft Miracle Whip or Mayo – $3.00 ea.
- & 4 Kraft Dressings – $2.00 ea. (manually keyed in at the correct price)
- & 2 Planters Nutrition Nuts – $4.49 ea.
- Used 2 $1.00/1 Velveeta Shells & Cheese Dinner Printable Coupon
- AND Use $1/2 Velveeta Shells & Cheese Dinner Walgreens Store coupon from the September coupon book
- 2 $1.00/1 Kraft Miracle Whip or Mayo Printable coupon
- $1/2 Kraft Miracle Whip or Mayo Walgreens Store coupon from September coupon book
- 2 $1.00/2 Kraft Dressing printable coupon
- AND Use $1/2 Kraft Dressing Walgreens Store coupon from September coupon book (will take off $1.00 2x) NOTE: I was so focused on the sales ad with the wording “Kraft Dressing” that I totally failed to notice this coupon said “Zesty Italian Dressing”, my mistake on that one, had I noticed this, I would have only purchased the Italian. And, yes, all of the Dressings were ringing up at $3.99 including the Zesty Italian.
- 2 $1.00/1 Planters Nutrition printable coupon or 6/24 or 5/20 SS insert
- AND Use $1/2 Planters Nutrition Walgreens Store coupon from September coupon book
- 2 Altoids, Used $1.00/2 Walgreens coupon from September coupon book
- 4 Spiderman, Dora Cute Dinnerware items on Clearance – $0.44 ea.
- Used $9.50 in previous RRs
- Final Cost $7.60 and got back $10.00 RR (Kraft Catalina)